Monday 27 February 2012

Closing in on Kick Off

Warm Relay greetings,

WELL,.... here we are. Time is closing in on Kick Off celebrations for this years theme, for Relay For Life of Second Life, with Time For A Cure, on March 10th, 2011.


I've been watching the RFLofSL Event Board light up with teams and multi teams events every since team registrations opened on the 15th of February, with absolute delight, and I've been watching something else that that takes me back with amazement. (RFLofSL website Team Events)

Ever since the flood gates to the team registration opened not to long ago, and I've watching the numbers rolling in, I am floored! As of last Saturday there were over 75 teams registered on the site and the number of volunteers stunning. (RFLofSL website Team List)

Not only that, but the season hasn't officially started yet, and these volunteers are so ready, are so enthusiastic, with using Convio contributions, we have 4 teams that have reached Silver Level of RFLofSL Awards in fundraising, 6 teams with Bronze and 4 more teams taking aim on Bronze as of today.

I really don't know were end up in July, but I bet the value of one cup of my favorite drink of coffee donations on a RFLofSL kiosk, no one knows, were we end up. I bet every that prediction we all secretly make, but never talk about, won't come close to what will be, our legacy for Relay For Life of Second Life 2012.

I also secretly wonder how many sims we crash this year!!!

Any takers?

Bain

No comments:

Post a Comment