Friday 18 November 2011

Waves hello ;-P

~Greetings~

My name is Bain Finch, avatar of Second Life.

I come to being 'rezed' in world through my association with the typist behind Jennifer Curtau, whom last showed me the amazing work people were doing in SL for Relay For Life of Second Life. I was hooked.

My typist has just started college this fall, taking a 2 year advertising program through 2nd Career at 50 year young. He's had an awesome career, doing contract mechanical design work for the automation equipment industry, before everything when for a shit a few years back. Through a lot of soul searching and chance opportunities, he found promotion work and found great rewards in doing so. Enters the opportunity to go back to school for a little retooling of old skill sets, a chance discussion about a virtual RFLofSL, and POOF ~ Bain Finch is rezed.

Last year I shadowed my friend Jennifer Curtau around relay, connected with people, and have been working with Dwen Dooley by helping distribute the Off-Season Kiosk and Vendor Boards, helping him do some test on some "oh so cool" secret project, I know everyone will love and generally being a pain in ass bugging people about relay.

With this blog, I hope to write about this thing called cancer, the stories of people that have been touch by this daemon, stories of people fighting back, and the steady march we are making, for that one day people around the world can celebrate together, we have beaten cancer and the words "You have Cancer" will spoken, no more.

Bain Finch

No comments:

Post a Comment